Get on a BCycle and ride! Nashville Public Library offers free access to BCycle’s electric pedal-assist bicycles throughout Nashville. Get unlimited 2-hour trips, for one week, with a BCycle pass (fob) from the library.
NPL BCycle Pass
How it Works
Borrow a BCycle Fob
- Place a hold in the library catalog to send a BCycle fob to any Nashville Public Library location.
- Checkout a BCycle fob with your library card.
- One BCycle fob checkout per library card.
Riding a BCycle
- Take the BCycle fob to any Nashville BCycle station.
- Press the silver button on the dock, tap the BCycle fob on the text. The lights will turn from yellow to green and the dock will beep/flash. Pull the bike from the dock. Enjoy your ride.
- Take as many trips as you like. Any time you’re on the bike you have up to two hours before you should return it to a station. Don’t worry, you can check it right back out if you need it longer.
- Need inspiration on where to ride? Check out Community Bike Routes from BCycle.
- BCycle encourages all Riders to wear protective helmets.
- Return bike to any Nashville BCycle station.
Return NPL BCycle Fob
- Return your BCycle fob to any Nashville Public Library checkout desk or book return.
- BCycle fobs checkout for one week. No renewals.
- Fine for losing BCycle fob: $5.00
- Borrow a BCycle fob with your library card. Your card must be in good standing.
- You must be at least 18 years old to ride.
- You must sign a waiver absolving BCycle and Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County of responsibility for any damage or injuries incurred when riding a BCycle.