Test proctoring is available for free at Main Library, Donelson Branch, and Southeast Branch. Appointments must be scheduled at least a week in advance.
How Proctoring Works
Request an Appointment
We have times available for 1, 2, and 3 hour tests. Depending on the proctoring location, the proctor may or may not be physically in the same room during the exam. If you have specific needs for your test, please contact the library branch to verify how proctoring works at that location.
- Fill out our scheduling form. Appointments must be scheduled at least a week in advance.
- Our proctoring team will reach out to coordinate details.
- Once your appointment is confirmed NPL staff will reserve a room for the exam, with extra time allowed at the start and end of the exam time.
On Test Day
- Arrive for your test.
- The proctor will ensure the identity of the test taker and the integrity of the test taking environment.
- Take your test.
After Your Test is Finished
Your answers are sent to your school.
- For paper exams, library staff will scan paper answer sheets and either upload them to a website or email them back to school.
- For online exams, students will submit answers online.