Blood Pressure Kits
Having high blood pressure (hypertension) increases your risk for heart disease and stroke. Hypertension usually has no symptoms, so you may not even realize your blood pressure is high. Taking your blood pressure daily from home is a proven way to monitor and control your blood pressure. Share your results with your doctor. Your doctor will give you options like medication and lifestyle changes to keep your blood pressure in check.
Borrow a Blood Pressure Kit
Place a hold on a blood pressure kit and have it sent to your branch for pickup.
NPL's home blood pressure kit collection was made possible in partnership with the American Heart Association of Greater Nashville.
- Place a hold request, and we'll send the kit to any library location for pickup.
- Home blood pressure kits may be checked out for 42 days, with one possible renewal.
- Held kits may be checked out on the library card of the requestor.
- Home blood pressure kits may be checked out on any library card type except Power Cards.
- Borrowers are responsible for all contents: blood pressure cuff, instructions.
- No more than one home blood pressure kit may be borrowed at one time by one person.
- Watch how to correctly take your blood pressure at home (YouTube).
- Understand your blood pressure results (American Heart Association).
- Learn ways to manage your blood pressure (American Heart Association).
- Check out books about heart health (Library Catalog).
- Return home blood pressure kits to any Nashville Public Library location.
- Return kits inside the Library. Please do not use after-hours book returns.
- Blood pressure cuff must be returned in its case, with all its contents, at once.
- Replacement costs: $40 for blood pressure cuff.